Our goal as a cosmetic dental care provider is to give pain relief and an overall beautiful smile to our patients. If you would like to learn more about our cosmetic services, please call us to schedule a consultation at (410) 257-2424.
Dunkirk, MD dentists Dr. Sclater and Dr. DeLeon are trained and certified by the American Academy of Facial Aesthetics, Allergan (the manufacturer of BOTOX® and JUVÉDERM®) and are members of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Visit us to find out why their advanced knowledge of facial anatomy and extensive experience with dental injections create a natural choice when you choose a cosmetic dental specialist in Calvert County, MD and Southern Anne Arundel County, MD.
Dental Cosmetic Enhancements - JUVÉDERM®
What causes parentheses lines?
Parentheses lines are static lines that appear when your face is at rest. This happens overtime as your skin loses some of the building blocks (hyaluronic acid and collagen) that give the skin its structure and help your smile look its best.
Can the lips lose volume?
Yes, over time, your lips may lose volume and thin. However, many people seek out lip augmentation because they naturally have thin lips and simply desire more fullness as a dental cosmetic enhancement.
Why does volume loss matter?
Over time, your face changes in many ways. This is part of the normal aging process, but genetics and environmental factors can also play a role, and the goal is to restore your youthful smile.
You may notice a change in the appearance of your skin, typically in the form of deepening parentheses lines and wrinkles around the mouth.
But what may be less obvious is age-related midface volume loss, which can affect the appearance of your smile.
What are the signs of volume loss?
Your cheeks may flatten, the skin may begin to sag and the smile may appear downturned.
*Photos provided by JUVÉDERM®
Dental Cosmetic Enhancements - VOLUMA®
What is VOLUMA®
- Instantly adds volume lost to aging in the cheek area
- Creates contour and a subtle lift
- Natural-looking results last up to 2 years with optimal treatment
- The first and only FDA approved injectable gel for the cheek area
- Adds volume lost to aging for adults over 21 years
- Creates contour and a subtle lift instantly
- Helps restore a more youthful profile for up to
- Is a nonsurgical treatment
- Contains a modified hyaluronic acid (HA) made from a naturally occurring complex sugar
- Individual results may vary.