You may require 2-4 treatments to obtain desired results. Some patients may require up to 6 treatments (at additional cost).
KYBELLA® Pre-Treatment Guidelines
· DO take Tylenol 1 hour before your appointment.
· DO inform your provider if you have a history of DIFFICULTY SWALLOWING, medication allergies, history of anaphylaxis or any other medical problems.
· AVOID Ibuprofen, aspirin and Aleve for 10 days prior to appointment – unless a doctor has prescribed these medications.
· AVOID for 10 days prior to appointment: Vitamin E, St. John’s Wort & fish oil supplements
· The IDEAL time is to schedule this procedure AT LEAST 2 -4 weeks before a big event…you may want to schedule so you have 4 days before returning to work.
KYBELLA® Post-Treatment Guidelines
· DO NOT participate in strenuous activities for 3 days following treatment.
· DO NOT scratch, pick or traumatize the area in any way.
· DO NOT massage or manipulate the injection site.
· DO Expect swelling and redness. Treated areas may be red, inflamed, swollen and bruised for the first 2-7 days…swelling is
a normal part of the process.
· DO hold ice packs on the areas that are treated with KYBELLA® gently for 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off, several times
· DO take Tylenol as needed after the treatment.
· DO Sleep with your head elevated on at least 2, and preferably 3 pillows.
· If bruising occurs, DO apply topical Arnica gel, drink fresh pineapple juice, and/or take Bromelain supplements to
help bruising resolve faster.
· Bruising can be cover with makeup. Examples: Dermablend (available at CVS or Macy’s) or Colorscience Corrector Palate.
SCHEDULE YOUR NEXT APPOINTMENT IN 8 WEEKS. Kybella requires 2-4 sessions for optimal treatment.
KYBELLA® Possible Side Effects
Call the office (410) 257-2424 if you have any difficulty with swallowing, crusting, or scabbing, asymmetry or your smile or any other unusual symptoms.
If you have an emergency during non-business hours, please call: Dr. Sclater at 443-550-1295 or Dr. DeLeon at 443-990-1331