As of right now, if you scheduled your July appointment prior to June 1, it is cancelled.
Feel free to text, email or call us any time..we will do our very best to help you!
Thank you for your patience as we work to reschedule patients going as far back as March.
We are attempting to reschedule March, April and May patients first...as well as patients in pain.
New Procedures Announcement 6/12/2020
Greetings Gentle Family Dentistry Friends and Families!
We are incredibly excited to see your smiling faces in the upcoming months! As we prepare to open our office for non-emergency care, we want you to know that safety will continue to be our highest priority. Covid-19 has undoubtedly changed the way we all go about our daily lives and that includes many aspects of dentistry. We would like to take this opportunity to highlight some of the changes that we have implemented, so you know what to expect at your next visit.
· Safety and Infection Control- Our office is now equipped with an ultraviolet germicidal irradiation light that is installed in our HVAC units. We have placed plexiglass barriers at the front desk for safer communication between our front desk staff and patients. You will be required to wear a mask to your appointment.
· Pre-Appointment Procedure- We are requiring that ALL information requested or provided be completed electronically and done PRIOR to the appointment day. This includes medical histories, insurance documents, ID cards, referrals to specialists, copies of x-rays or charts, consent forms, new patient forms, etc. We will also be conducting our Covid-19 symptoms and travel questionnaire 1-2 days prior to your appointment and when you arrive for your appointment.
· Appointment Procedure- Patients will call us at (410)257-2424 when they arrive and stay in their cars until their appointment time. Only the patient will come in for their appointment. Exceptions will be made for young children and patients who require a caregiver or interpreter; however, those individuals will be screened for symptoms the same way the patients are. Unaccompanied children will receive progress reports to give to their parent/guardian. When you arrive for your appointment, we will take your temperature, blood pressure and check oxygen level. Parents, please remain in your car in the parking lot. Please do not leave.
· Check-out- You will be escorted to check-out by the assistant or hygienist. We will call parents to arrange payment when your child’s appointment is complete.
· Social Distancing and What this Means for You- Longer appointments, no more waiting room.
· Telemedicine in Dentistry- We will also be utilizing this service for treatment plan consultations, post-operative discussions with parents and any other conversation that does not need to happen in a clinical or office setting.
· Scheduling- Due to the changes in our office hours and the limited number of patients we can treat in the office at one time, we have had to create an entirely new schedule. For the time being, all currently scheduled appointments will need to be rescheduled. Please know that our staff is working tirelessly to contact everyone and get them back on their regular treatment schedules, but we must treat those with critical dental needs first. We will be contacting as many patients as possible in the coming weeks, but please feel free to call us if you have any questions or want to reschedule your appointment.
Thank you for trusting us with you and your family’s dental care. We value your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you all back.
Dr. Sclater and the Gentle Family Dentistry Team